UCORE’s structure is intentionally designed to build capacity and develop skills over time. Most UCORE designations are offered at multiple levels (i.e. 100-400).
Advise students to complete UCORE with the following guidelines in mind:
- Complete First-Year Experience [ROOT] and Foundational Competencies [QUAN, WRTG, COMM] in their first year.
- Complete Ways of Knowing [BSCI, PSCI, SSCI, ARTS, HUM] in first through third years at course levels appropriate to class standing (e.g. second-year students take 200-level course with [ARTS] designation to fulfill Inquiry in the Creative and Professional Arts).
- Complete Diversity applied learning [DIVR] requirement in first through fourth years at course levels appropriate to class standing (i.e. first-year students take 100-level [DIVR] course, third-year students take 300-level [DIVR] course).
- Complete Integrative Capstone [CAPS] in fourth year.
Additional Advising Resources
At-a-glance info for most questions regarding UCORE:
- View UCORE Categories & Course Lists
- Learn about The UCORE Curriculum
- Familiarize yourself with UCORE policy
- Download printable materials for student advising appointments
Is the updated UCORE website meeting your needs? Tell us your experience with a one-minute survey
ADVISING POSTERS BY SEMESTER: