Transfer Students

In the absence of a transferrable degree or certificate, transcripts are evaluated on a course-by-course basis for UCORE equivalency. UCORE equivalencies can be identified by using the Transfer Course Search tool at You can determine equivalencies by checking your transfer credit report for course-by-course matches of transferred credits to UCORE categories. For more information, please consult the transfer credit website and meet with your academic advisor.

All transfer students will need to take the Integrative Capstone [CAPS] course in residence at WSU. Remaining UCORE requirements will depend on each student’s unique situation.

If you are a transfer student who has completed an associate’s degree or an Interstate Passport, the table below explains the remaining UCORE requirements that need to be satisfied.

If you have:Then you still need to fulfill these University Common Requirements:
An approved transferable AA (DTA) (see catalog)Integrative Capstone [CAPS] course
An approved transferable Associate of Science (AS-T)
  • Roots of Contemporary Issues [ROOT] course (i.e., History 305)
  • Second [COMM] or [WRTG] course
  • Diversity [DIVR] course
  • Integrative Capstone [CAPS] course
An Interstate PassportIntegrative Capstone [CAPS] course
No approved transferable degreeTransfer courses evaluated on a course-by-course basis.